We were contacted by an existing client that is using a premise based Call Center solution. They believe they have outgrown its capabilities and are interested in exploring alternative hosted solutions.
Our initial conversation included reviewing how they are currently using the system and the challenges they are having.
They currently have an Avaya IP Office telephone system and using a system called Xima for the call center
Their challenges are multi-fold; the Xima software worked ok , however, they were outgrowing its capabilities. The also had other challenges:
- The reporting features were not completely accurate
- The ability to schedule a call back to a customer was limited at best.
- Scalability is important also, they need to be able to add agents more easily, the current system requires they have office space.
- Cannot add remote users easily
- Integration into their CRM is important
Because of our industry experience, we had several provider in mind. We immediately began having conversations with 4 -5 suppliers that would be good solutions for this client. We presented 3 to our client as viable options and scheduled times that would allow the suppliers to present their solution.
- The first round of discussions last about an 90 minutes.
- This provide the supplier to interact with our client and get to know their points of pain and allowed them to present their product in a manner that was most efficient for our client.
- The call back functionality was the largest hurdle to overcome as although most solutions have the feature, the client wants and end user to be able to schedule the call back in their time zone.
- This means if an end user is in California, and the call back is initiated our of Harrisburg, the customer is getting a call back in their time zone that is compliant with their expectations i.e.8:00 am local time.
- We have educated the client that this type of solution is a subscription based, meaning they will have a monthly recurring cost per agent.
- Integration with our clients CRM, although, is not integral now, it is important as they will be making a decision in the next couple of years on possibly replacing in the next couple of years.
- This allows the Contact Center agents to have a pop-up screen with the customer information populated. Allows for an enhanced customer experience
- Our client has repeat customers, the new system will allow a higher volume customer to be escalated in when an agent answers.
- A high end customer that has a relationship with an agent can be answered by that agent.
- Calls can be recorded, historically all calls can be maintained on the supplier servers.
- Transcription of recorded calls can be accomplished, AI is able to do analytics for training purposes.
- The product is scalable, the client can add remote users “as the sun goes”. This allows for enhanced coverage.
- The Harrisburg facility has hours of 8:00 – 5:30, Las Vegas has the same hours, coverage is from 8:00 – 8:00.
- Two suppliers presented their solution multiple times so that the client was able to get additional stake holders involved in the decision making process.
- On-site visits were held from customers of the suppliers by our client. This allowed them to see how the solutions function live.
- Pricing was provided by our suppliers. Since this is a different pricing model from what our client was accustomed. Because the solutions provided incredible value add, and we educated the client of the difference, this investment needs to be budget.
We presented two different proposals that include VoIP options and an upgrade to their Internet by placing a 50MG Fiber Internet connection. Both solutions met all of their objectives, including integrating their Harrisburg location, when that system needs to be replaced.
- The first proposal was from a provider that sells, lease option is available, the phones.
- The overall solution would save the client just over $1,000 a month.
- Cost of the hardware is just under $3,000, lease option that is available is $94.00.
- This would be no out of pocket, overall monthly recurring cost would be $1,508, savings would be $909.00, or 38%. The savings is primarily due to the Internet service, which is approximately $770.00 a month.
- The second proposal was from a provider the “rents” their equipment. This allows the client to get an equipment refresh at the end of their contract term (3 years).
- Upfront cost is $405.00, this includes converting their fax to an Internet fax application. We were able to get the provider to waive the hardware configuration cost. The only other cost is Administrative training the web-portal to administer the system
- This solution has a monthly recurring cost of $1,578, overall savings is $840.00 per month, or 35%. Again, the savings is primarily due to the Internet service, which is approximately $750.00 a month
The End Result
This particular client selected the second option as the idea of renting the equipment was appealing because they can get an equipment refresh. They also did an Engineering call with the supplier to ensure they can facilitate their specific needs regarding the configuration of the router.
The final result are that in every step along the way, DenMark asked the correct questions the make sure we were doing what the client wanted and that we were putting the clients needs and expectation in the forefront.